Sunday, December 13, 2009

Stuff Vol. . . . . . ???

Yow!
I so wasn't going to do this again this year (especially since I did the 300 post), but hell, I didn't think I'd finish this review (I haven't actually started writing) in time and the other option (Check It. Vol. 3), I'm still working to get that up to a healthy SIX, (I have two VERY good ones right now though) (biggup Zojak), so both of those will come next week. On the personal front, I didn't end up going up to see the parents (I'm a bad son, yes), but I will be up to see them for the New Years. See the in-laws sameway (AND GET MY SHIT!), so everybody just immediately start sending stuff, because there is definitely already going to be a backlog of stuff and I wanna be damn near overwhelmed, so link I if you need the address yeah. Speaking of the in-laws, big up my Brother in law, bredz has been good to me! It's like having an extra pair of eyes that has a conscience you know, so it can tell you where you switch up and go wrong yeah.
On the technical front, been getting a pretty good response for certain things. One of the more active topics has definitely been the new Sizzla album, Stand Fall, which I dealt about a week ago. Everyone's really really pissed off about it, so hopefully something tangible can come about because of it and I have a very nice idea that I'm going to see if I can do. Also, that piece of shit is currently available on iTunes, worldwide, as a pre-order, which is complete and utter bullshit! So stay tuned on that one.
The other big thing people are linking about is Lion D's album, The Burnin Melody review. Most people end up saying something like, 'yo, thanks for bringing that guy to my attention, I LOVE that album'. And it is a big album definitely. Everyone is also looking at all the Lutan Fyah stuff and being amazed ehmmmmm, yeah. Well let me not say anything yet, but we MIGHT have a Jah Mason album to look forward to before the end of the year, which is definitely big big things yeah.
Whole heap of nice things in the work for next week because it's essentially the last 'regular' week of the year. After this week, we're looking ahead to 2k10 and back to 2009. Crazy lists and everything like I said, but not to get ahead of ourselves, THIS WEEK!:
  • If all goes well (and it won't), there'll be three new reviews. One is all but guaranteed for Monday (because I'm going to get to work on it after I do this and actually, I'm "doing this" a few hours before it's getting posted, so by time you read this, hopefully I would have already started) and that one is for Special Delivery's new riddim album for the Sugar riddim. I also MIGHT go after the Surfer riddim from Pow Pow and I have one piece which DAMN impressed me just listening to at a friend's house recently, so I might just scoop it up for myself and slap a review on it, but that's going to be a suprise.
  • Lists! I have to give Special Delivery Part 2, that's a definitive one there. That one was actually a lot of fun to deal with yeah (biggup Denise), so you can expect that probably as early as Tuesday. Less guaranteed, but definitely well interested is something I've been thinking about for quite awhile 'The 10 to Watch in 2010'. Which would be a list of young/unknown/up and coming artists who I think will make a major impact next year. And I'm also looking at doing a prediction list/article as well, which would be a lot of fun I think, if I'm still pumping a year from now (wouldn't that be ridiculous!) I can look back and see how miserably wrong I was yeah.
  • And, when (not 'if', WHEN) some of that falls out, definitely first off the bench will be the aforementioned Check It Vol. 3 and if I really HAVE TO, lyrics, but I don't think so, but maybe, who knows!
And I think that's it yeah. Everybody go over there>>>>> and check out my people. Especially UnitedReggae.com, I've been doing quite a few News Stories for them (just did a couple like yesterday and a few are already on the site, so biggup Camille (who knew that was a guy's name in France!) and everybody over there yeah. And I usually spread it out and go crazy, but I'm not, just the people I've been dealing with recently: So yeah, but United Reggae, biggup Zojak always (HEY ZOE!), biggup Dale Cooper (linked him over yonder>>>>>>>>), biggup VP Records; I had a contact at VP Records, who left and they replaced this dude like the next day. Like he was gone on Friday and on Monday the new guy was up and running with an email (hopefully next time he goes for a 'jog' he can drop off something CRUCIAL in TIMES like these). Biggup Zalemmmmmmmmmm from Bassculture (linked over there as well>>>>) and biggup 'Lio Selecta' who apparently runs the show at Bizzarri (Lion D). So now we just need a song. Hmmmm, oh okay, try this one
BALANCE
RasAchis
Pictured
Lion D
big album

No comments:

Post a Comment