Saturday, March 27, 2010

What A Beautiful Tune 5!

Yeah! Okay so, I know what you're thinking - Achis didn't feel like writing today - Yep. That's the truth, I was supposed to do a Check It today, but I'm going to delay it untillllll. . . I don't know, Wednesday or Thursday yeah. So, as always, I have a steady stream of tunes coming in and I thought that I'd keep it on this format from here forth with 3-4 tunes, 2-3 of YOURS and one of mine. So definitely keep them coming, AchisReggae@hotmail.com. Remember, try and make it kind of obscure and even if I think the song isn't very good, as long as I can see how SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE might like it, I'll probably try to get it in yeah. So let's see what you're listening to this week.



Okay, first is Lady Passion's 'Never Change My Mind' from reader Nicky from out of Virginia. Love this tune of course, you can find it on the Talkin' Roots Vol. 2 compilation and on Lady Passion's debut album Rain On Me which we were so fortunate to get last year. So excellent choice Nicky.



Okay, next is a nice example of what I meant by my 'condition'. I'm not a fan of Taj Weekes'. I'm just not, but I can definitely see how many people are, so I have no hesitation posting it up when we get a suggestion from Dutchie reader Michiel. This tune 'Since Cain' can be found on Weekes' & Adowa's second album Deidem. See, you couldn't have a blog like this and not like this tune, I'm not a fan of the group's, but yeah, this thing is GORGEOUS.



Okay and this last piece comes from Bredz! My Wife's brother, going to give him big respect about 15 feet away from him yeah. 'Stronger' was a nice hit for D'Angel, little while back and apparently Bredz still hearing the tune on certain big levels. Still waiting on an album (officially) from her and as much as I do most certainly LOVE to look at her, gotta admit, this tune is still pretty nice yeah.

And my own personal choice this week comes from an artist who find myself bashing a little these days, but I'm definitely going to give him credit here because when Norris Man dropped 'Conquering Lion' [aka 'HIM Neva Fail'], he DESTROYED senses! Love this tune yeah (and you can get it right now from Henfield Productions and Zojak Worldwide on the Babatunde Riddim album yeah) and you should too.


No comments:

Post a Comment