Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stuff . . . April Stuff

Yow!

First of all Happy Earthstrong to the legendary Garnet Silk (it's Friday while I'm writing this) and hopefully that type of attitude is going to carry me through this month a bit, because as far as Borndays go, April is one of the coolest and I'm going to try to remember so throughout the month a bit despite the fact that I am HORRIBLE with dates (Happy belated Earthstrong to Jimmy Cliff also).

Sizzla's Bornday is actually this month (it's on the 17th I believe) and I've been planning to write a very general article on Sizzla and kind of a personal reflection type of an article, so you can expect that on that day (hopefully). There're also a few others that I don't feel like looking up now and it's also my Brother's as well sometime this month (wherever the hell he may be). So you can expect at least SOME observance of various dates of births this month (despite the fact that Busy Signal's D.O.B. album has apparently been delayed until the final week of May) (did you get that? Did you catch it???).

It's also April! In case you haven't noticed. That of course means that within the second half of the month or so, things are going to be jumping up around here, so if I miss a day or two (and I will), forgive me in advance because I'll be hanging with the little one (and on the big Zouk night, I'll be hanging with the . . . larger than little one) (if I called her "the big one", she'd pop me). But that's then, this is now, what's up this week?
  • As soon as I finish writing this, I'll pull up the screen and start going on Tuesday's review which is for The Classic Riddim, I don't have any idea what I'm doing on Friday for a review, but the list of potentials/will do's is ever fattening (Ayaaso Band, Midnite, Africa Riddim, First Born Riddim, Alison Hinds, all possibles)
  • And speaking of Reviews, I don't know for sure, but MAYBE I'm going to try to fit in Modern Class 19, which will probably be Lava Ground from I-Wayne.
  • And speaking of I-Wayne (my segues are DOMINANT this week aren't they?), I'll be doing a 'Check It' maybe on Monday or so and he'll be on it in some fashion or another with a big new release alongside Sassin that you simply must know about. As usual, that'll be a big post in general so definitely stay tuned (and forgive me in advance, if I don't get to until Wednesday or Thursday).
  • And speaking of stuff that I should've done a long time ago, I will be doing a 'Video Drop', because I haven't done it in forever. I had a VERY good idea for a one, but I'm probably going to keep that until next week or later in the month and this next edition will be strictly new(er) stuff yeah.
  • I'm also thinking about a list and I'll expand on this in a second.
  • And SUNDAY is your day, tomorrow you can well expect a Beautiful Tunes post so if you have something in mind, like me RIGHT NOW (AchisReggae@hotmail.com), even though if you do, I might not put it up until next week yeah.
And that's just this week. In general through April, I want REALLY REALLY strange and creative ideas for lists. I'm still going to do the technical stuff (I'll probably do one this week), but I'm trying to think more and more out of the box yeah. So if you have any ideas, definitely link me on that too (AchisReggae@hotmail.com). And HOPEFULLY I can find something Zouk-ish to talk about, Soca definitely won't be a problem and we have some EXCELLENT Reggae releases coming through in April as well, including pieces from Gentleman and Natty King which I cannot wait to get my paws on.

Also I have a very nice idea for random thoughts and although it'll require a bit of (easy) research, you should probably expect that within the next two weeks and then we'll look forward to a May which figures to be very nice as well (Soca Gold 2010, I'm hunting for the tracklist) (and the cover) (dammit!).

I think that's it . . . Biggup all of my friends, you know who you are. Check me out on UnitedReggae.com sameway. Big new article about Toussaint The Liberator up there now that I wrote and everything else around there also yeah and now I'm sleepy! Biggup Camille. Biggup Nate everytime. Biggup Zojak. Biggup YOU.

If you were paying even the slightest of attention then you already know what the tune of the day here is yeah. . . (even though I don't really like it)





2 comments:

  1. Big up Achis!

    First up, Dalecooper's "I Was Born" remix is amazing. Second, Capleton's "I-Ternal Fire" [out June 21] is the album of the year. You'll know it when you hear the very first track, "When I Came To Town."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Respect Sub.

    Definitely Capleton's album will be in the running yeah. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete