Monday, June 7, 2010

What A Beautiful Tune 15 (I THINK): Special Edition!

Yow! Thought I'd do things a little different this week because a lot of my 'industry' friends have new stuff out, so I'm going to volunteer stuff on their behalf like such. Things'll be back to normal next week and on a Sunday too (unless I find something better and funner to do again), so if you have suggestions then link me at AchisReggae@hotmail.com (and I got a bit of stuff last week, so you might have to send me those again, because I will almost certainly forget), just remember, make sure it's at least somewhat obscure and I can actually find a video link for the thing yeah! Lets go:



Alright, first up is a HUGE tune I told you about awhile back as Etana and Luciano come together for a BIG and inspirational single, 'I Will', for the best Reggae producer on the planet, Kemar 'Flava' McGregor. Apparently, like most of his work, you can get this one exclusively at Flava's Website, if not now then pretty soon. I LOVE this song, it is absolutely gorgeous and everything you would've imagined with such talent linking up as one. Furthermore, it remains to be seen if this sparkling track is McGregor's new riddim and will 'travel' to other artists (hopefully), or a one-off, but regardless this one IMMEDIATELY becomes one of the best songs I've heard this year. TEARS!



Okay and next up we have a piece from my favourite . . . Manager like person, Susan from Zojak (who actually had another (actual) recommendation, but I already had my mind set so there you go (either that or I couldn't figure out who the other one was)), Anthony B's ever present 'Sweet Jamaica'. I find that most people, and probably justly so, are speaking on the social relevance and significance of this tune, but they seem to be ignoring the fact that it sounds like nearly VINTAGE Anthony B and is his finest tune that I've heard in quite some time. He supposedly has an album running sometime later this year and I hope he not only packs this tune in, but does more like it because it is VERY strong and very popular now and if you don't have the song, you can find it for absolutely free just about anywhere, including on this very blog.



Next is Heather from the always active and progressing Truckback (every time I type that word I IMMEDIATELY start singing Queen Ifrica tune) who is pushing another big tune from up and coming dynamic duo Deh Deh, 'Woulda Know'. You can watch this video and pay special attention to the lyrics in your face and it REALLY goes to emphasize what I try to do when I post lyrics - They're STRONGER when you can actually read them. I don't care if you know the tune backwards, you know it so well, when you can actually READ them with your eyes (as opposed to your nose) it definitely has an even greater impact in my opinion. So, this one is a big song and keep an eye out for Deh Deh, both of them.

MOI! This week is EASY. It's World Cup up and going next weekend. South Afrika, it's Ras Moses, do you really know? About that great man -

1 comment:

  1. ab"soul"utely beautiful... give thanks to Achis and his magic pen... dont stop writing boss.. its like "Chicken soup for the Caribbean Academia's Soul"

    ReplyDelete